|Pre shot routine|
How many times have you played with good putters? The best putter generally wins, but as golfers we can easily complicate our approach to how we putt. I would like to help you simplify that approach.
- Pick the line of the putt.
- Set up to the putt and make a couple of very good practice strokes (feel the type of putting stroke you would like to make to get the ball in the hole).
- During the practice strokes; use your mind to picture the ball rolling along your intended line into the hole
- Place the putter head behind the ball and aim the putter correctly to get the ball rolling along your intended line.
- Pull the trigger and feel the ball going into the hole.
|an excellent method to help with improving your aim, alignment and stroke|
- You might need to get some help from your local PGA Golf Coach/Pro to come up with a putting style to suit you.
- Build a practice routine around that putting style; where you can practice a mix of technical drills for your putting stroke and improving your distance control for longer putts.
- Work on developing your stroke! It is an added bonus if you can make the putting green a few extra times a week to practice.
Website John Dooley PGA
|Tweet if you like|