A recent golf coaching success story ....
|Looking at the 8th green from the 12th tee box at Cork Golf Club|
- His grip was too strong on the club
- The club face was in a weak position and aimed a long way to the right of target.
- The ball was positioned right of centre for a wedge, for his six iron and in fact all his irons. But his ball position for his driver was perfect.
- His alignment; shoulders were pointing left of the target and his stance was pointing right of parallel.
- If you could imagine this; his back-swing was very much an inside takeaway movement followed by a big over swing. And he had very little body connecting swing movements.
- His down swing sequence was firing for all points of his body, which made each swing feel significantly different and resulting in all sorts of strikes and ball flights.
- Even if he could get the ball airborne, he had no confidence in his ball flight and John said“ this is awful and I can even picture to ball flying to the green”.
|75 yards to the 3rd hole at Cork Golf Club|