A spa experience at Trump International Golf Links, Ireland


www.conciergegolf.ie


Last Friday I drove for 6 hours last weekend from Cork to Dublin and then to Trump International Golf Link, Ireland in County Clare. Somewhere along the line I created a knotted muscle around my neck. This became painful and this affected how I could swing a golf club! So I took a trip to the Spa at Trump and I got almost instant relief from a method called dry needling.
This treatment was preformed by Mr Shane Been the Assistant Spa Manger at Trump International and he did a great job. My neck is so much better as a result. However prevention is better than a cure, so I am back to my morning stretching routine.
I have known Shane since my time at Doonbeg and he has worked on my sports injuries during that period of time. I have found Shane to be both quite knowledgeable and excellent at the treatments he preforms. So if you find yourself somewhere in West Clare and you need to fix a sport injury? I recommend looking up Shane at Trump International Golf Links.
What is Dry Needling?
Dry needling is an invasive procedure whereby solid filament (acupuncture) needles are inserted into the skin and muscle directly at a myofascial triggerpoint. A myofascial triggerpoint (sometimes known as a knot) consists of multiple contraction knots, which are related to the production and maintenance of the pain cycle.
The approach is based on Western anatomical and neurophysiological principles which are not to be confused with the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) technique of acupuncture.
What can Dry Needling help?
Dry needling can be used for a variety of musculoskeletal problems. Muscles are thought to be a primary contributing factor to the symptoms. Conditions which respond to dry needling include, but are not limited to:
 Headaches, Frozen Shoulder Tennis elbow Carpal tunnel syndrome  Golfer's elbow Buttock pain Leg pain Hamstring strains Shin splints Muscle Spasms Fibromyalgia Sciatic Pain Hip Pain Knee Pain Repetitive Strain Injuries. Shoulder strains

Kind regards,
Learn to play golf in Ireland, Golf travel expert

Comments

Popular Posts