Another tip for your upcoming trip to Ireland..... Don’t forget to PACK your rain gear!!!!!!!!!
|Nice rain suit|
- Rain Gloves
- Medium to small size golf towels – golf towels that get wet will certainly make the golf bag heaver!
- A Gortex rain suit – that is a rain jacket and rain trousers. I personally recommend Zero restriction, Galvin Green and I do like the feel of the Swedish brand, Cross Golf .
- A Gortex sleeveless top; this type is very helpful for the showers that last a few minutes and then sunshine! So you’re not putting on and off a jacket.
- Extra socks!
- Take all the non-essential junk out of your golf bag and make the bag lighter. A lighter bag is easier to manage in the wind and rain.
- A pack of hand warmers.
- A waterproof rain hat & a couple of warm under shirts or skins as they can be called.
- A couple of reseal able plastic bags for your watch and phone! If they get wet, they may not work!
- A prayer book to read; so it won’t rain for your upcoming trip!
- Use an umbrella if you have a caddy otherwise putting up and down an umbrella between shots and walking with it during the wind and rain, is a lot of really hard work. I recommend not using an umbrella at all and just get wet. It is fine and trust me, after almost 10 years getting wet on a regular bases during my time at Doonbeg, I can certainly say with my hand on heart, “an umbrella is a waste of time and energy”.